Pupil Premium Strategy
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is allocated to children who are looked after by the local authority and/who have been eligible for Free School Meals at any point in the last 6 years (known as ever 6). It is also allocated to children of service personnel.
High quality first teaching is our primary aim.
Initially, funding will be spent on ensuring that all pupils achieve at least age related expectations, thus closing the gap between their attainment and that of their peers within school and nationally.
Pupil Premium Grant funding will be used to provide provision for:
- Targeted teaching and learning opportunities within class and beyond.
- Group work for groups of identified pupils with an experienced teacher to close gaps in learning.
- 1 to 1 support where deemed most effective.
- Further opportunities to liaise with parents and carers.
- Acquiring effective materials aimed at raising standards in Reading, Writing, and Maths.
- Providing opportunities for More Able Pupils to achieve as well as their counterparts Nationally.
- Improve the attendance and behaviour for disadvantaged pupils
Please read the documents below to see how we have used this funding effectively to improve standards.