Our school will receive extra funding
If your child qualifies for free school meals, the school will receive additional funding from the government to enable them to reach their full potential. Even if you decide not to take up the school meal, your child will still benefit from the additional funding the school receives which will then be used to enrich your child’s learning.
Does your child qualify for Free School Meals?
Is your child missing out? School meals will give your child a real appetite for learning and help them to achieve their full potential and to have better concentration in class. The delicious and healthy menus on offer contain HALAL / NON HALAL meat and vegetarian choices.
Your child may be entitled to FSMs if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Support Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment & Support (income related)
- Support under sect. VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act
- Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
Savings for your Family
If you are currently paying for your child’s school meals, you could make a saving of around £400 per year if your child qualifies for FSM.