Here at WHA we are lucky to have a group of children that show great enthusiasm and dedication to their role of Sports Leader. They have undertaken the challenge this year to develop sport within our school and inspire as many pupils to become engaged in physical activity.
Regular meetings are held with Mrs Thomson to discuss activities and events that are happening each half term with the opportunity for the Sports Leaders to voice their opinions on school sport and create activities and games that will encourage more pupils to participate in physical activity.
Roles of a Sports Leader:
- Show leadership qualities like team work, good listening skills, respect and fair play
- Encourage all children to get involved in sports
- Create new ideas to develop sport within WHA
- Follow and embed others to live by the school values
- Help teach other pupils certain skills within different aspects of sports
- Undertake and run activities at lunchtimes
- Make and take suggestions and ideas from other pupils about how sport can be improved within WHA
- Officiate in intra- school competitions and competitive matches against other schools
- Advertise sporting competitions and fundraising events